From virtual implant planning to the procedure. Cortex-guided surgery procedure is a technique of guided surgery based on the following principles:
- The fully guided surgical procedure, from virtual planning to clinical execution, by using the surgical guide and an advanced Cortex Guided Surgery Kit.
- Management of any type of implant rehabilitation intervention.
- Open system and completely applicable to Cortex implant platforms. Fully integrated with open software for virtual design with laboratory prosthetic modeling of provisional solutions.
- Accurate three-dimensional reproduction of the patient’s anatomy. Integrating digital DICOM data from CBCT and Intra/Extra-Oral optical scans.
- Utilizing certified and validated software programs allows the clinician to develop a complete and precise pre-implant diagnosis, and creates a custom virtual surgical plan, enabling predictable outcomes.
- The latest CAD/CAM technology is used to prepare a virtual wax-up of the prosthetic solution, allowing prosthetic-driven virtual implant planning, as well as surgical guide design and manufacturing.
In the following Video:
Cortex Digital System provides a fully digital solution:
- Send the patient’s data to Cortex Digital Lab.
- Virtual case planning from implant positioning to immediate temporization.
- Case approved by the dentist.
- Ordered components production.
- Full digital solution package.
- Surgery day: Tissue Punch > Start Drill > Depth Drill > Tapared Drill > Final Drill.
Hex orientation is correlated between the implant mount and the implant.